My Teaching and Learning Philosophy

My photo
Teaching means learning. When we teach, we are questing for knowledge. Hence, learning. Thus, teaching is a manifestation of lifelong learning. Being a teacher, is a lifelong learner, a learning designer. All this is due to my philosophy of "Life is a redox"; when one gives, another has to take, otherwise, life won't exist. Teaching is a devotion, not just a profession.

Wednesday 11 March 2020

How to monitor students' engagement?


Do you have problems in monitoring students' engagement?

Well, it's not really devastating when you're physically in front of your students for example in a classroom. But, imagine that you're doing online teaching and learning, a remote class?

How could you ensure that your students are obeying your instructions, remotely?

I've been facing this problem myself.

And been searching for means of monitoring my students.

Hence, the idea of PEiEP!!!

This is the model. The details will follow later.



PEiEP via FLipped (Version 1 of PEiEP)

In brief, I used the essence of parental care and pastoral care to 'persuade' my students to collaborate in the learning activities.

And I awarded them with digital badges (See my other post: https://norlizakushairi.blogspot.com/2020/03/online-learning-assessing-and-rewarding.html) to keep them motivated.


Any questions, feel free to post them here. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment